Friday, March 21, 2008

Arrived in Auckland

This was my view of New Zealand. Not the best shot I know, but gives a great reason to go back and visit... I need a better shot of the airport, and maybe some from outside as well. 

I am now safe in the New Zealand airport.  I have to say last night was the longest night of my life, quite literally. I started in Minneapolis at 5:15 p.m. (central time) then I left LAX at 10:30 p.m. LA time and arrived in Auckland at about 11:15 am LA time (7:15 Auckland time), the sun was just starting to rise. You could say that this last Thursday was the shortest day of my life. I left LA on Wed. night and arrived on Friday morning 12 hrs and 45 min later. As you might be able to tell I'm not quite all together thus I'm rambling. One more thing before I go, The flight was long enough so that I could sleep, watch 4 movies and 6 tv episodes enjoy two meals, three glasses of wine and three cups of the best coffee I've ever tasted. Many of these were done simultaneously. Now I have a three hour flight and a three - four hour train ride to my hostel. I'll try to get some photos for that entry. 

No comments: