Friday, September 12, 2008

Odd Australian behavior


Okay  this last month I have seen a side of Aussies that I just don't quiet get. Any explanations would be appreciated. 
  • After a game 5 guys randomly peeing in the street as people (men, women, and children) are passing by. This was at 4 in the afternoon. At least, I guess, they were going up against the wall of some one's house... and it wasn't mine. 
  • A guy kissing his girlfriend's best friend (next to me in the coffee shop) to see if she would get jealous. She claims she didn't, although was cold to her boyfriend and friend for a while as in 5 min. tops.
  • A mother changing her child's dipper (a poopy one at that) at the restaurant table while every one around her is trying to eat. 
  • Waiter's trying to take your glass before it is empty. 
  • And the last strange Aussi behavior; an obsession with veggiemite. Okay so this one isn't so shocking, but have you tasted veggiemite? I don't understand, but then who am I to talk. I like pickled herring. 
I think to me the most odd thing about it is that no one else seemed to think that this was strange, abnormal, or out of the ordinary. 

Again any explanation would be appreciated. 

No comments: