Saturday, January 23, 2010

What has happened?

When did we decided that it was okay to treat companies as individuals? When did we decided that we care more for profit, then for saving a human life? If I were to go bankrupt, I would not receive a bail out. I am not deemed important enough to make sure that I don't fail. If I wanted to spend all my money on supporting a political candidate, I would not be able to do that, but corporations now can. Companies are now given the right to express their free speech with dollars in the pockets of politicians. If money buys time to talk to representatives, then I have no chance at having my voice heard.

There is a loud minority in the country that call themselves christians but they call for war, they call for an increase in military expenditures, and they call to deny health care for their fellow Americans. I do not remember Jesus carrying any weapons, I do remember though how Jesus gave health care to all who asked him, free of charge. When did we decided that we were going to take better care of our profits then ourselves?

It is a sad day in America when we no longer try to better ourselves, when we no longer look after each other, when we no longer reward hard work and education, when we idolize profits, money, blood, and fame... It is a sad day in America.

No comments: