Friday, August 26, 2011

Artichoke dip and Crackers


So my next attempt in the kitchen went I think well, but Seth thinks I went lemon crazy. The artichoke dip I made consisted of 1 can of artichoke hearts, the juice and zest of half a lemon, one packet of Neufchâtel cheese (cream cheese) and half a chili pepper. The "crakers" or flat bread was almost 2 cups flour, about a third of a cup of olive oil and a half a cup of water. I tried making crackers with cream and butter the other day, and they were nice, but a bit thick and flakey. The oil seems to have made it much easier to roll out into a thin square and was much easier to work with. They also came out much more cracker like. I did however forget to score the dough so instead of breaking into nice little squares, you get the odd shapes.

Who knows what I'll try next.

No comments: