Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Some notes from my time in San Fran

While I was in San Francisco I got to go to the best thing in the world. Nightlife at the California Academy of Sciences. It was all I could have ever hoped for as a kid, and everything I wanted as an adult. The museum was turned into a club for all intents and purposes where you could get all these amazing cocktails and then go see an I-max movie. Here are just a few of the things I got to see 



Here is Claude an albino alligator. Apparently he doesn't normally move, so the fact that we got to see him swim all of 6 feet was pretty impressive.


A bit more fast pace were the sting rays and sharks. Always a lot of fun to watch, but they never seem to want to stay still enough for a photo...

This alligator gar was my favourite, mostly because I had just watched River Monsters where they fished for a whole bunch of them.

No comments: