Monday, April 28, 2008

A taste of home.

Okay, I know that I am a Scandinavian American who lived most of her life in Wisconsin/Minnesota and Colorado, but I've been craving Illegal Pete's and all the other fast food Mexican restaurants. Besides what's more American then something that originated from Mexico? 

There are no black beans here in the super markets, and all the "mexican" food you can find are from Old El Paso. I finally decided that paying $1.99 AU was too much for 4 tortillas so I finally sat down to make my own along with my own salsa and I did find Chalupa hot sauce.  



I think this is going to have to become a weekly thing, Mexican Mondays... What a great time to start with Cinco de Mayo next week.

P.S. If anyone would like to send me a care package, make sure it includes a good tequila (all they have here is Jose Cuervo) and black beans, maybe some poblano peppers as well. 

P.P.S. If anyone was thinking of moving to Australia to open a restaurant and couldn't think of what type might be needed... Come to Newcastle and open a Mexican restaurant with Margaritas (real ones not this fake stuff you can buy in a can) Nachos, Chips and Salsa, and Fajitas, oh and a Mole sauce dish and I'll be there at least once a week.

No comments: