Sunday, November 13, 2011

Occupy Harvard




Yesterday we went to occupy Harvard and Boston. My partner is a staff member of Harvard and thus has a staff id, and I have a gym membership id. I wasn't allowed in the second time we tried to get through. We weren't there to protest, we were just passing through on our way to the T to get to occupy Boston, but I did get some photos. There weren't many people there and those that were were very quiet.

I really think that Harvard is overreacting. If they want to keep the size of the tent community down for the safety of their students, then they should be able to do that, but keeping everyone without a Harvard ID out is a bit of a overreaction. There was a group of high school students who had come up for the weekend who wanted to see Harvard and were refused access. Partners, friends and family members of Harvard students, staff, and faculty are refused entrance. The normal busy Harvard lawn was quiet and empty. They don't seem to want to kick the protesters out, but instead have refused to let anyone in, I personally think that this will make Harvard look worse for wear.

No comments: