Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween and a pumpkin stew.

I have missed this holiday for the past 3 years. Last year I finally found some Jack o' lantern  pumpkins and made some stew with one, and a Jack O' lantern with the other and of course roasted pumpkin seeds from them both. The pumpkin stew was really more using the pumpkin as a stew pot, an idea that a friend from boulder had used and I have to say is a whole lot of fun, as long as you don't accidentally poke a hole in the bottom of it.  Since I couldn't find the recipe, and my friend only ever goes off of "once I think I read that" I'm not sure what to call it, but I did find a few things that look familiar.
Shrimp stuffed Pumpkin from Cantina di dom Fuas. This recipe looks familiar, but I didn't use tomato cause and I also added Chorizo.
The Creamy shrimp and pumpkin stew from Mainstream Masala  also looks close to what I made, and knowing me, I'll add as much alcohol as I can to any dish (have I ever told you about my guacamole with tequila???) but you get the idea.

Pumpkins from the local flower store... I hope you have yours ready for tonight
Beware of lost souls roaming the streets! 

See Australia isn't the only place where one can find giant spiders. 


I would avoid this door if I was you! 

Have a spooky safe halloween! Make sure to get/give lots of candy, but don't eat so much that you are sick in the morning! 

No comments: